For years yoga was considered a practice embraced mostly by celebrities and “New Agers.” But today millions of Americans from young children to seniors in their eighties and nineties are practicing yoga. And that’s good news because this mind-body practice actually has the power to help your health in dozens of different ways.
Yoga is more than just a workout—it’s actually a combination of four components: postures, breathing practices, deep relaxation, and meditation that can transform your health on many different levels. To show you how easy yoga can be and how you can reap the many health benefits, we've put together a special class that we would love to share with you.
Did you know research shows that up to 90% of doctor visits are linked to stress-related problems? That’s why yoga is such a perfect remedy. It’s the one tool that simultaneously releases stress while improving strength, balance, flexibility, and overall health. No pill has the power to improve so many areas of your life at one time.
Yoga works across multiple systems in your body at one time. For example, it helps to:
• Rev up your immunity by raising levels of natural, disease-fighting antioxidants in your body
• Activate areas of the brain that increase joy and diminish emotions linked to stress
• Switch on genes that promote health (in as little as 8 weeks even if you’re a beginner)
• Decrease the need for diabetes medications by as much as 40%
• Reduce depression, anxiety, and stress and increase energy levels
• Lower your risk for falling and may even help you re gain your balance if you stumble
And the meditation component of yoga may even help to delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease and fight age-related declines in memory. In fact, yoga does so much for your health, studies show people who do yoga use 43% fewer medical services and save anywhere from $640 to more than $25,000 a year!
This class is open to everyone! You will be surrounded by others who are ready to step onto a yoga mat for the first time and go home feeling empowered to take your health and joy into your own hands.
When: Sunday, April 29th
Time: 10 - 11 am
Cost: Donation based ($15 donation recommended)
Sign up: WORKSHOPS tab here